THE Sony no longer has the strength of yesteryear in the smartphone market, but has not given up on it (yet): this Monday (7), the Japanese company announced the Xperia 8, intermediary that brings Snapdragon 630 processor and 6-inch screen with 21: 9 aspect ratio.
Anyone who follows Sony’s releases may have a “déjà vu” feeling here. That’s because the Xperia 8 is very similar to the Sony Xperia 10, model announced in the first quarter of the year.
For starters, the look is pretty much the same. The hardware, too: both Xperia 8 and Xperia 10 feature a 6-inch LCD screen, full HD + resolution (2560 × 1080 pixels), 21: 9 aspect ratio and, well, a huge “forehead”.
The other specs that are shared by both phones include 4 GB of RAM (although the Xperia 10 has a 3 GB version), 64 GB of internal storage and an 8 megapixel front camera (f / 2.0).
At the rear we find one of the few differences between the Xperia 10 and the Xperia 8. While the first brings a dual 13 + 5 megapixel camera, the new smartphone comes with a 12 megapixel sensor (f / 1.8) accompanied by another with 8 megapixels (f / 2.4).
The battery also changes (and for the worse): while the Xperia 10 brings a 2,870 mAh battery, in the Xperia 8, the component has 2,760 mAh. Another difference is in the protection: the Xperia 8 has Gorilla Glass 6, both on the back and on the screen (the Xperia 10 has Gorilla Glass 5).
At least initially, the Xperia 8 will be marketed only in Japan. There, the device will have a price equivalent to US $ 500 (as it is). Sales start this month.
Sony Xperia 8 – specs
- Screen: 6-inch LCD, Full HD + (2560 × 1080 pixels), 21: 9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 6
- Processor: Snapdragon 630
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB expandable by microSD up to 512 GB
- Drums: 2,760 mAh with fast charge (18 W)
- Dual rear camera: 12 megapixel (f / 1.8) + 8 megapixel (f / 2.4, wide angle)
- Frontal camera: 8 megapixel (f / 2.0)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Bluetooth 5, USB-C, NFC
- Operational system:Android 9 Pie
- Others: fingerprint reader on the side, IP65 / 68 certified, headphone connection (with LDAC)
- Dimensions: 156 x 69 x 8.1 mm, 170 g
With information: GSMArena.