O Xiaomi Mi A3 was launched in Europe in July and is now arriving in India, one of the main markets of the manufacturer: the cell phone has a digital reader under the screen, a triple rear camera of 48 megapixels and a battery of 4,030 mAh. This smartphone with Android One, from Google, will be marketed in Brazil in September by the official representative DL Electronics.
It is worth noting that the Xiaomi Mi A3 is the international version of the Xiaomi CC9e launched in China. In other words, the specifications are almost identical: the screen has HD + resolution with a pixel density of only 286 ppi; it is an AMOLED panel with a PenTile matrix with fewer subpixels than a normal RGB LCD.
Perhaps this will help the phone’s autonomy: it has a 4,030 mAh battery with support for fast charging up to 18 W; the charger in the box is 10 W. Inside, we have the Snapdragon 665 octa-core intermediate processor.
When it comes to cameras, the Xiaomi Mi A3 comes with three sensors at the rear, including a 48-megapixel camera made by Sony. The 32-megapixel front camera promises sharper selfies in the dark by grouping four pixels into one; it sits in a notch on the screen.
One of the highlights is the Android One program: the Mi A3 runs a pure version of Android 9 Pie – instead of MIUI – and has version updates guaranteed for two years, for Android Q and R; in addition to receiving security patches from Google for three years.
The Mi A3 will be available in India in three colors with nomenclature inspired by Google Pixel: Not Just Blue (blue), Kind of Gray (dark gray) and More Than White (white). There will be two RAM and storage variants: 4 + 64 GB for 12,999 rupees (about R $ 730) and 6 + 128 GB for 15,999 rupees (R $ 900). In Europe, there is a variant with 4 + 128 GB.
Xiaomi is the top selling cellphone maker in India, surpassing Samsung in the past eight quarters. It is also responsible for the most popular smartphones with Android One: for example, in 2017, the Mi A1 line sold 140% more than all the other devices in that Google program.
DL Eletrônicos promises to launch the Xiaomi Mi A3 and Redmi 7A in Brazil soon, in the first week of September; prices have not yet been revealed. It will also bring connected devices like the Mi Band 4 fitness bracelet.
Xiaomi Mi A3 – specs:
- Screen: 6.088 inch AMOLED, HD + (1560 x 720), 286 ppi, 19.5: 9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 glass, Always-on Display
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core up to 2.0 GHz, Adreno 610
- RAM and storage: 4 + 64 GB, 4 + 128 GB or 6 + 128 GB; LPDDR4x + UFS 2.1, microSD up to 256 GB
- Triple rear camera:
- 48 megapixel, Sony 1/2 inch sensor, 0.8 μm, f / 1.79
- 8 megapixel, ultra wide f / 2.2 lens (118 °)
- 2 megapixel, depth
- 4K video at 30 fps, 720p at up to 240 fps (slow motion)
- Frontal camera: 32 megapixels, 0.8 μm pixels, f / 2.0 aperture
- Drums: 4,030 mAh, Quick Charge 3.0 support and 18 W charging (10 W charger in the box)
- Operational system: Android 9 Pie with guaranteed update for Android Q and R
- More: digital reader under the screen, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB-C, 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, infrared blaster, 4G B1 / B2 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B20 / B28
- Dimensions: 153.48 x 71.85 x 8.475 mm; 173.8 g