This Thursday (29) was busy for the Xiaomi. The company announced the smartphones Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi TV with its 70 inches and, in addition, the new versions of the laptop RedmiBook 14: now, the line is based on the tenth generation Intel Core chips.
The Xiaomi RedmiBook 14 was announced in May, but based on three 8th generation Core i5 and i7 chips. With the recent announcement of the 10th generation Comet Lake processors, the Chinese company decided to update the line and, because of that, named it RedmiBook 14 Enhanced Edition.
Well, the RedmiBook 14 Enhanced Edition comes in three configurations:
- Input: Core i5-10210U quad-core chip, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia MX250 GPU, 256 GB SSD
- Intermediate: Core i5-10210U quad-core chip, 8 GB of RAM, Nvidia MX250 GPU, 512 GB SSD (yes, the only difference is the larger storage)
- Top: Core i7-10510U quad-core chip, 8 GB of RAM, Nvidia MX250 GPU, 512 GB SSD
As the name implies, the new RedmiBook 14 have a 14 inch screen (actually 14.1). The resolution is full HD (1920 × 1080 pixels).
The body is made of metal and is available in two color options: gray and pink (the latter was not available for the RedmiBook 14 announced in May). The weight was kept at 1.5 kg, the same being true for the dimensions (323 x 228 x 17.95 mm).
The battery is the same for all three options. It has 46 Wh and autonomy of up to 10 hours with moderate use. According to Xiaomi, only 35 minutes of power is enough for the battery to go from 0 to 50% of charge.
Two USB 3.0 ports, a USB 2.0 port, an HDMI port, complete with a headphone and microphone connection. USB-C port? Maybe in the next update.
It was not clear whether the models announced in May will be discontinued, but it is likely to be so, after all, official prices have hardly changed on the RedmiBook 14 Enhanced Edition:
- Inbound RedmiBook 14: 3,999 yuan (about R $ 2,350)
- Intermediate RedmiBook 14: 4,499 yuan (about R $ 2,600)
- RedmiBook 14 top: 4,999 yuan (about R $ 2,900)
The intermediate RedmiBook 14 was the only model that increased in price: the original was announced for 4,299 yuan.
In China, sales of the RedmiBook 14 Enhanced Edition begin on September 6.