THE Xiaomi announced the MIUI 11 in September with dark mode, new source, ultra battery saving, Mi Work and Mi Go. The company has been releasing beta versions in China, and this Wednesday (16) revealed the launch schedule for several phones, including the Pocophone F1 , Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7, Mi 8 Lite and Mi 9T.
The new details were announced in the MIUI 11 official website and the launch of Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro in India. The company says that this schedule is “preliminary, based on our current testing plan”, so the dates may change slightly.
Note that MIUI 11 does not necessarily include the latest version of Android. Xiaomi can bring news without changing the base version of the system; in China, MIUI 11 can be based on Android 10, 9 Pie, 8.1 Oreo or 7.1 Nougat depending on the device.
Xiaomi MIUI 11 will be distributed in four phases
Xiaomi will release MIUI 11 in four phases over the months of October, November and December. Check out:
- October 22-31: Mi 9 SE, Redmi K20 / Mi 9T, Redmi Y3, Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 7S, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi 7, Redmi 7A, Mi 8 Pro, Mi 8, Mi 8 Lite, Mi Mix 3, Mi Mix 2S , Pocophone F1
- November 4th to 12th: Mi 9, Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro, Mi 9 Lite, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix, Mi 6, Mi Note 3, Mi Note 2, Mi Max 2, Mi Max 3, Mi Play, Redmi 6 Pro, Redmi 6 , Redmi 6A, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 5, Redmi S2 / Y2, Redmi Note 5A Prime (Y1), Redmi Note 5A (Y1 Lite), Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi 5, Redmi 5A, Redmi Note 4X, Redmi 4X
- November 13th to 29th: Redmi Note 6 Pro, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A and Redmi Note 8
- from December 18th to 26th: Redmi Note 8 Pro
In China, Xiaomi has already launched the MIUI 11 beta for more than 30 devices – check the list here. However, these are ROMs without the Play Store, Google Play Services or pre-installed Google apps; so it might be worth waiting a little longer for the global version.
What’s new in MIUI 11
MIUI 11 has dark mode throughout the interface, and brings a new source called Milan Pro which resizes dynamically depending on the text. The system also integrates dynamic sound effects that resemble sounds of nature. It is a battery saving mode achieves 24 hours of autonomy with 5% charge.
Xiaomi brings together four apps in a new productivity suite called Mi Work. Mi Doc Viewer is used to view documents, spreadsheets, presentations and PDFs. O Mi Share allows transferring files wirelessly at speeds up to 82 MB / s; this is a standard created by Xiaomi, Vivo and Oppo. It is also possible to transmit content wirelessly from the cell phone, and print documents wirelessly.
In turn, the Mi Go it is a suite for those who are going to travel: it allows you to store tickets, see the weather forecast at the destination, check exchange rates and find contact details with the embassy or consulate abroad.
There are other features, like notifications that don’t interrupt what you’re watching, video wallpapers, a floating calculator, and more. We gathered the main news in the list below:
- system-wide dark mode, with design optimized for large screen devices
- touch controls have been improved, and unnecessary visual items have been removed
- the font weight can be adjusted automatically depending on the text
- notifications let you answer calls and answer messages without interrupting a video
- Ambient Display features dynamic themes and special effects, displaying essential information on the screen 24/7
- all themes can be downloaded for free
- notification sounds change dynamically, just like in nature
- new alarm ringtones with sounds of nature
- ultra battery saving (Super Power Saving Mode): only 5% charge yields up to 24 hours of use
- Mi Doc Viewer, made in partnership with WPS Office, allows you to view documents, spreadsheets, presentations and PDFs
- Mi Share allows you to transfer files from another cell phone or PC at speeds up to 82 MB / s, faster than Bluetooth
- Mi Go allows you to add plane or train tickets, see the weather forecast at your destination, obtain local mobile data, check exchange rates and contact the consulate abroad
- health apps track number of steps and menstrual cycle
- manage and edit your tasks in the Notes application; receive notifications and mark what is completed
- MIUI 11 lets you stream videos, games, documents and apps to over 300 TV models directly from your phone
- MIUI 11 broadcast lets you hide personal items for greater privacy
- screen time: view statistics and manage your usage time more efficiently
- Emergency SOS: Quickly press the power button 5 times to send an SOS message to your emergency contacts
- autofill passwords: store passwords on your device and use them whenever you need them
- printing: print photos and files directly from your phone without installing additional apps