THE Samsung has just announced the launch of two new products in Brazil: one of them is the Galaxy Watch Active 2, with monitoring of 39 physical exercises, digital rotating crown and 4G connectivity for prices between R $ 1,999 and R $ 2,999. The smart watch will arrive in Brazil in October.
Galaxy Watch Active 2 focuses on physical exercise: it monitors 39 types of activities, some of which are automatically detected (running, walking, cycling, elliptical and swimming).
It allows you to use the various applications already created for the Tizen platform. You can navigate the interface as if you were spinning a crown around the screen: Samsung has created a digital equivalent to the physical mechanism that existed in its previous watches.
In the first quarter of 2020, the watch will gain two features via software update. The heart rate reader will allow you to detect cases of atrial fibrillation (AFib), the most common type of cardiac arrhythmia. And it will be possible to do an electrocardiogram, just like on the Apple Watch Series 4.
In Brazil, the Galaxy Watch Active 2 will be sold in three models; these will be the prices:
- aluminum, 44 mm, Wi-Fi (without 4G), black or silver colors: R $ 1,999
- stainless steel, 40 mm, Wi-Fi + 4G, pink color: R $ 2,799
- stainless steel, 44 mm, Wi-Fi + 4G, black: R $ 2,999
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 – specs:
- Processor: 1.15 GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos 9110
- RAM: 768 MB (Wi-Fi) or 1.5 GB (4G)
- Internal storage: 4 GB
- Drums: 247 mAh (40 mm) or 340 mAh (44 mm) with wireless charging (WPC)
- Screen: 1.2 inch (40 mm) or 1.4 inch (44 mm) Super AMOLED with 360 × 360 pixel resolution and Gorilla Glass DX + protection
- Sensors: heart rate reader (with eight photodiodes), electrocardiogram (ECG), accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer and ambient light
- Connectivity:Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n, NFC, A-GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, 4G (optional)
- Weight: 26 grams (40 mm, aluminum), 30 grams (44 mm, aluminum), 37 grams (40 mm, stainless steel), 42 grams (44 mm, stainless steel)