O Galaxy M30s is the phone with the biggest battery ever launched by Samsung: it has a capacity of 6,000 mAh and fast charging via USB-C. The AMOLED screen with notch occupies 91% of the front; and there’s a triple camera at the rear with a 48 megapixel main sensor. This smartphone will be launched in India to compete for space with Xiaomi.
Samsung’s Indian website calls the Galaxy M30s a “monster”, in part because of the 6,000 mAh battery. It promises to last 29 hours playing video or 131 hours of music. The phone comes with a 15 W charger that connects via USB-C port.
The 6.4-inch AMOLED screen has Full-HD + resolution and Infinity-U notch for the 16-megapixel front camera. At the rear are the fingerprint reader and the triple camera: the main sensor is 48 megapixels, and comes with an 8 MP sensor with an ultrawide lens and a depth sensor.
Inside, we find an Exynos 9611 octa-core processor, the same as the Galaxy A50s: it has four 2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 cores, and four 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 cores. There are models with 4 + 64 GB and 6 + 128 GB of RAM and expandable storage by microSD.
The Galaxy M30s will launch in India on September 29 in black, white and gradient blue. It will cost 13,999 rupees (about R $ 800) in the 4 + 64 GB version, and 16,999 rupees (R $ 980) in the 6 + 128 GB model. This phone will be sold only on online channels, both in the Samsung online store and on Amazon.in.
This is Samsung’s smartphone with the highest battery capacity; the previous “record holders” were the Galaxy M20 and Galaxy M30, both with 5,000 mAh. The Galaxy M line was created to compete directly with Xiaomi in India, where it leads cell phone sales; Samsung is in second place.
Samsung Galaxy M30s – specs:
- Screen: 6.4 inch sAMOLED, Full-HD + (2340 x 1080), Infinity-U notch, 91% performance, up to 420 nits brightness
- Processor: Exynos 9611 octa-core (4x Cortex-A73 at 2.3 GHz, 4x Cortex-A53 at 1.7 GHz), Mali-G72 MP3 graphics chip, 10 nanometer FinFET manufacturing process
- RAM and storage: 4 + 64 GB or 6 + 128 GB, LPDDR4x, microSD up to 512 GB
- Triple rear camera:
- main: 48 megapixel, f / 2.0 aperture, Samsung GM2 sensor
- ultrawide: 8 megapixel f / 2.2, 123 ° angle
- depth: 5 megapixel f / 2.2
- Frontal camera: 16 megapixel, f / 2.0, Samsung SK3P8SP sensor
- Drums: 6,000 mAh, 15 W fast charging
- Operational system:Android 9 Pie with One UI
- More: digital reader, USB Type-C port, 802.11ac Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, dual-chip with 4G VoLTE
- Dimensions and weight: 8.9 mm thick, 188 g