Just before the launch of the Galaxy Note 10, the Samsungrevealed this Monday (5th) a new smartwatch focused on health and well-being, the Galaxy Watch Active 2. It looks like the first generation model, but has more sensors, 4G version, two size options and a higher price, starting at US $ 279 in the United States.
The Galaxy Watch Active 2 has the same light and compact design as the Galaxy Watch Active, but it will not be a replacement: according to Mashable, the old model will continue on the American market for US $ 199 (in Brazil, it was launched for R $ 1,499). The new generation is more complete, with two size options (40 and 44 mm), two materials (aluminum or stainless steel) and electrocardiogram, such as the Apple Watch Series 4.
The watch’s focus is on physical activity: it can monitor 39 types of exercise, seven of which are automatically detected, including running, walking, cycling, elliptical and swimming. A new version of the Galaxy Watch Active 2 running trainer allows you to monitor your pace in real time and participate in seven running programs.
The heart rate reader has eight photodiodes, twice that of the Galaxy Watch Active, to be faster and more reliable. In addition, there are features for detecting atrial fibrillation and fall, a common type of cardiac arrhythmia. All physical exercises, in addition to sleep and stress level monitoring data, are recorded in the Samsung Health app.
It does not have the rotating crown of the Galaxy Watch, but Samsung has included a digital version to navigate the One UI interface of the smartwatch: it is possible to “rotate” the edges of the screen clockwise or counterclockwise to move through the screens. You can access videos (!) From social networks, sync Spotify playlists to the 4 GB memory and translate voice in real time in 16 languages, including Portuguese.
Inside, the Galaxy Watch Active 2 has a 1.15 GHz Exynos 9110 dual-core processor, the same as the first generation, plus 768 MB or 1.5 GB of RAM for the Wi-Fi and 4G versions, respectively. It is IP68 certified for water protection and military resistance (MIL-STD-810G).
In the United States, the model will be sold from September 27. Sought, Samsung did not reveal when the Galaxy Watch Active 2 will be available in Brazil.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 – specs:
- Processor: dual-core 1.15 GHz Samsung Exynos 9110
- RAM: 768 MB (Wi-Fi) or 1.5 GB (4G)
- Internal storage: 4 GB
- Battery: 247 mAh (40 mm) or 340 mAh (44 mm) with wireless charging (WPC)
- Screen: 1.2 inch (40 mm) or 1.4 inch (44 mm) Super AMOLED with 360 × 360 pixel resolution and Gorilla Glass DX + protection
- Sensors: heart rate reader (with eight photodiodes), electrocardiogram (ECG), accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer and ambient light
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n, NFC, A-GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, 4G (optional)
- Weight: 26 grams (40 mm, aluminum), 30 grams (44 mm, aluminum), 37 grams (40 mm, stainless steel), 42 grams (44 mm, stainless steel)