THE Samsung announced on Tuesday (3) the Galaxy A90 5G: despite being in the Galaxy A range of middlemen, it has top of the line specs, including the Snapdragon 855 processor, DeX support for Android desktop experience, and a triple rear camera with 48 megapixel sensor. It will start at $ 740 in South Korea and will also be launched in other countries.
The Galaxy A90 5G has a huge 6.7-inch screen with Full-HD + resolution and a digital reader built into the display. The Infinity-U notch houses the 32-megapixel front camera.
At the rear, there is the triple camera with 48 megapixel main sensor; it is accompanied by an 8 MP sensor with ultrawide lens, and a depth sensor to blur the background in photos.
The rear camera has artificial intelligence features like “Super Steady” (image stabilization), “Scene Optimizer” (automatically detects the scene) and “Flaw Detector”. Meanwhile, the front camera has a Live Focus mode to apply a bokeh effect to the background, even with only one sensor.
The processor is the Snapdragon 855, which has a 5G compatible modem. Up to 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. There is a Game Booster mode to speed up gaming performance.
For the first time, the Galaxy A line gets a Samsung DeX-compatible device: you can use a desktop experience on a monitor or TV. It is also possible to mirror the mobile screen on Windows 10 PCs, thanks to the Microsoft Your Phone app.
The 4,500 mAh battery can be charged up to 25 W. This phone does not have a 3.5 mm headphone jack, as does the Galaxy A60, Galaxy A80 and Galaxy Note 10+. And you will find microSD support only on the model with 6 GB of RAM.
The Galaxy A90 5G will be available in black and white colors, with a two-tone finish on the back. It will be launched first in South Korea this Wednesday (4) for about 900,000 won (about $ 740), according to the news agency Yonhap. Samsung says the device “will expand later to other markets”.
Samsung Galaxy A90 5G – specs:
- Screen: 6.7-inch Super AMOLED, Full-HD + (1080 x 2400), Infinity-U notch
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- RAM and storage: 6 + 128 GB expandable by microSD up to 512 GB; 8 + 128 GB without microSD
- Triple rear camera:
- main: 48 megapixels, f / 2.0
- ultrawide: 8 megapixels, f / 2.2, 123 degrees
- depth: 5 megapixels, f / 2.2
- Frontal camera: 32 megapixel, f / 2.0
- Drums: 4,500 mAh, charging at 25 W
- Operational system: Android 9 Pie with One UI
- More: on-screen digital reader, USB-C
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 76.4 x 8.4 mm, 206 g