In addition to the Zenfone 6, the Asus decided to bet on the gamers cell phone market in Brazil. O ROG Phone II it is the busiest model of the brand, with Snapdragon 855 Plus chip, 6.59-inch AMOLED screen and 6,000 mAh battery to run games for hours. It is also the most expensive smartphone from Asus so far: the version with 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage has a suggested price of R $ 7,299.
The highlights are due to the processor and the screen. The Snapdragon 855 Plus is a turbocharged version of Qualcomm’s premium chip: the CPU reaches 2.96 GHz (against 2.8 GHz in the standard version) and the Adreno 640 GPU works at 672 MHz, more than the usual 585 MHz. In addition, Asus placed a 6.59-inch Full HD + (2340 × 1080 pixels) AMOLED screen with a 120 Hz refresh rate and high color accuracy.
The ROG Phone II is bigger and heavier than most phones on sale: it is 9.5 mm thick and 240 grams. It houses a huge 6,000 mAh battery with a fast charge of 30 watts, as well as rear cameras similar to the Zenfone 6 (48 megapixels on the main and 13 megapixels on the ultrawide), plus a front sensor of 24 megapixels (f / 2.0) for selfies.
The fingerprint reader is on the screen itself. At the rear, there is an LED that illuminates the Republic of Gamers brand, but can be deactivated. And Android 9.0 Pie runs a different interface, the ROG UI, with custom icons for the gamer audience – at any time, you can switch to ZenUI, which is visually closer to pure Android.
Two models are available in Brazil:
- ROG Phone II with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of space: R $ 4,999 (R $ 4,499 at sight)
- ROG Phone II with 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of space: R $ 7,299 (R $ 6,499 in cash)
There are also accessories for the ROG Phone II. The most complete is the ROG Dock Module: it allows you to connect your phone to a 4K monitor, mouse, keyboard and Ethernet connection, for R $ 2,999. The ROG Station Module adds a second screen, a cooler to cool the device and an extra 5,000 mAh battery per R $ 1,999.
Asus ROG Phone II – technical form
- Screen: 6.59-inch AMOLED with Full HD + resolution (2340 × 1080 pixels) and Gorilla Glass 6 protection;
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus octa-core up to 2.96 GHz;
- RAM: 8 or 12 GB;
- Storage: 128 or 512 GB (with microSD expansion of up to 2 TB);
- Rear cameras:
- Main: 48 megapixels (f / 1.79);
- Ultrawide: 13 megapixels (f / 2.4);
- Frontal camera: 24 megapixels (f / 2.0);
- Drums: 6,000 mAh with fast charging of 30 watts;
- Operational system: Android 9.0 Pie;
- Dimensions: 171x78x9.5 mm;
- Weight: 240 grams.