Realme, a former Oppo subsidiary, held an event to announce a 64 megapixel smartphone before Xiaomi: o Realme XT has four sensors at the rear, including one from Samsung for sharper photos. This phone also features a macro camera, Qualcomm processor and 4,000 mAh battery with 20 W fast charging.
The Realme XT was introduced at an event in Beijing. It features a 6.4-inch AMOLED screen with Full-HD + resolution and an optical digital reader under the display. Inside, we find the Snapdragon 712 processor, up to 8 GB of RAM and up to 128 GB of storage.
The rear camera has four sensors. The main sensor is the Samsung Isocell Bright GW1 of 64 megapixels: in it, four pixels of 0.8 μm can function as a single 1.6 μm to capture more light in low light environments.
In addition, there is an 8 megapixel sensor with a 119 degree wide-angle lens; a 2 MP depth sensor; and another 2 MP sensor for macro shots. The 16-megapixel front camera sits in a drop-shaped notch above the screen.
Realme has already shared some pictures taken with the 64 megapixel sensor, which you can check here. Thanks to the higher resolution, it is possible to capture more details even if the object is far away, as in the example below:
Realme XT has 4,000 mAh battery and Android 9 Pie
The Realme XT battery has a capacity of 4,000 mAh and supports VOOC 3.0 technology for fast charging at 20 W. The company says the cell phone will go from 0 to 100% in 80 minutes.
The device runs ColorOS 6, based on Android 9 Pie. There are some additional features like Hyper Boost, which promises to speed up performance; Game Assistant for games; and Riding Mode for when you are driving.
The remaining details of Realme XT will be announced on September 4. The company wanted to get ahead of Xiaomi, which will hold an event next Thursday (29) for the Redmi Note 8 Pro: it also has a quad camera and the same 64 megapixel sensor from Samsung.
Realme was a sub-brand of Oppo, but it became an independent company last year. She maintains a partnership with its former owner to manufacture smartphones; but it has its own research and development, planning and marketing teams. Both use the same skin as Android, ColorOS; the RealmeOS is still in development.
It is worth noting that the Chinese BBK Electronics owns Realme, Oppo, Vivo and OnePlus. Together, these manufacturers occupy the second place in the world ranking of cell phone sales, behind Samsung and ahead of Huawei and Apple.
Realme XT – technical sheet:
- Screen: 6.4 inch AMOLED, Full-HD +, Gorilla Glass 5, digital optical reader
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 712
- RAM and storage: 4 + 64 GB, 6 + 64 GB, 8 + 128 GB, LPDDR4X, UFS 2.1
- Quadruple rear camera:
- main: 64 megapixel, Samsung Isocell Bright GW1, 0.8 μm, 1 / 1.72 inch, f / 1.8
- ultrawide: 8 megapixel, 1.12 μm, 1/4 ″, 119 degree wide-angle lens, f / 2.25
- depth: 2 megapixels, 1.75 μm, 1/5 ″, f / 2.4
- macro: 2 megapixels, 1.75 μm, 1/5 ″, f / 2.4
- Frontal camera: 16 megapixels
- Drums: 4,000 mAh, 20 W VOOC 3.0 charging
- Operational system: Android 9 Pie with ColorOS 6
- Connectivity: USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS with GLONASS, dual-SIM, 4GLTE