Samsung announced today (16) the launch of the new generation of Odyssey notebooks in Brazil, which arrives with the GPU option Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, improvements in the cooling system of the internal parts and the name of Odyssey 2. Couple this with a processor ninth generation and price that reaches R $ 9 thousand.
Odyssey 2 finds reflexes
The update of Samsung’s line of gamer notebooks has already happened internationally earlier this year, bringing Nvidia’s new line of RTX graphics cards, which generate reflections in games in real time. The version chosen by the Korean brand is the RTX 2060, an entry model that already promises 47% more firepower when compared to the GTX 1060 of the previous generation.
The screen is 16.5-inch PLS, which can have G-Sync and Full HD resolution, with the possibility of displaying content at up to 144 Hz, which is controlled by the ninth generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor, up to 16 GB of RAM and 1 TB of traditional HD, along with an NVMe M.2 SSD that can be up to 512 GB – there is another M.2 slot that is empty.
In addition to the new GPU, the addition of an SSD already in the factory on models with Intel Core i7 CPU is new and an extremely important point for performance – any notebook, however powerful, is weak and uses more energy if it does not use SSD .
Another change is in the product housing that leaves the plastic of the past generation and adopts metal alloy. This type of finish was present only in the Odyssey Z, a much more expensive version of the notebook and which even has the keyboard positioned at the bottom of the notebook.
Finally, the Odyssey 2 cooling system uses five heat ducts that take the high temperatures generated by the internal components to the fans. This extra effort is crucial in a portable computer, which does not have the same space for thermal control as a traditional desktop does.
When and how much?
Altogether there are three models of Odyssey 2 that Samsung has already put in stores in Brazil as of today. Prices are as follows:
- Intel Core i5, 8 GB of RAM and GTX 1650 GPU: R $ 5,799
- Intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM, 256 GB SSD and GTX 1650 GPU: R $ 7,499
- Intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB SSD and RTX 2060 GPU: R $ 8,999
An important detail is that only the model with GPU RTX 2060 comes with a 144 Hz screen and the entry model, with Intel Core i5 processor, does not come with factory installed SSD.
Samsung Odyssey 2 – datasheet
- Screen: 15.6-inch LCD PLS, anti-glare, full HD resolution (1920 × 1080 pixels), frequency up to 144 Hz, G-Sync;
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB or RTX 2060 with 6 GB;
- Processor: Intel Core i5-9300H or Intel Core i7-9750H;
- RAM: 8GB or 16GB of DDR4 (expandable to 32GB);
- Storage: 1 TB hard drive (5,400 rpm) plus 256 GB or 512 GB SSD (NVMe M.2);
- Drums: 54 Wh;
- Connectivity:Bluetooth, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Ethernet (1), USB-C (1), conventional USB 3.1 (3), HDMI 2.0 (1), headphone jack and microphone;
- Others: keyboard with LED backlight, speakers with Dolby Atmos technology, 720p webcam;
- Dimensions and weight: 358 (W) x 271 (W) x 19.99 (H) mm; 2.4 kg
- Operational system:Windows 10 Home