Nokia is the company that most updated phones for Android 9 Pie | Cell phone

In addition to offering new features, quick updates offer more security for cell phones. In this sense, the fastest company is Nokia, which already offers Android 9 Pie on almost all devices it has sold in the past 12 months.

Nokia is the company that most updated phones for Android

Android 9 Pie is in 96% of cell phones sold by Nokia in the last 12 months

This is what the survey of the Counterpoint Research. Of the smartphones delivered by Nokia between July 2018 and June 2019, 96% have already received the update for Android 9 Pie. The remaining 4% are on Android 8.1 Oreo.

The manufacturer is followed by Samsung, which has already released the latest version of the system for 89% of cell phones sold in the same period. Next are Xiaomi, in 84% of the devices, and Huawei, in 82%.

Meanwhile, companies like Oppo, Vivo, LG and Alcatel have much lower update rates. For the four companies, most devices sold in the past 12 months still use Android 8.1 Oreo.

Motorola released Android 9 Pie in half the models

Motorola (Lenovo) has upgraded just 43% of units sold in the past few months to Android 9 Pie. About 45% of the phones that the manufacturer delivered during this period use Android 8, while 3% are on Android 8.1.

Still, more than half of its models already have the latest version of the system, indicating that, in the case of Motorola, the update is more distributed among cheaper and more expensive cell phones. In the survey that considers which phones already have Android 9 Pie – and not how many units -, the company loses only to Nokia and Xiaomi.

1610327570 617 Nokia is the company that most updated phones for Android

Nokia, Xiaomi and Motorola have released Android 9 Pie in more than half of their models

Leave a Comment