Direct from Buenos Aires – A Motorola launched on Thursday (5) the One Zoom, an intermediate smartphone with a quadruple rear camera, telephoto lens that allows you to shoot with 3x optical zoom and a fingerprint sensor built into the 6.4 inch OLED screen.
The highlight of One Zoom is the four cameras. The main sensor is a 48-megapixel Quad Pixel, similar to the One Vision, and comes with a f / 1.7 aperture lens with optical image stabilization to prevent blurry photos. You can take pictures with Night Vision mode, which enhances colors and improves exposure in night shots.
There is also a 16 megapixel ultrawide lens with 117 degree field of view and a 5 megapixel depth sensor for the background blur effect, the intensity of which can be adjusted after the photo is captured.
Finally, the fourth lens is a telephoto lens with optical image stabilization and 3x optical zoom or 10x hybrid zoom, “which allows you to capture details at a distance while maintaining the quality lost with the digital zoom”, according to Motorola. Zoomed photos have a resolution of 8 megapixels.
Motorola One Zoom does not have Android One
This is the third smartphone in the Motorola One family to focus on cameras, after One Vision and One Action, but it is the first that is not part of the Android One program, which guarantees two updates of Android versions and security fixes for three years. .
Motorola explains that, because it is not generational, the One line “has no strings attached”. The manufacturer’s studies show that the user is currently more interested in camera innovation. On the other hand, Android One was no longer seen as a purchase decision. “The consumer demands it. If the research shows that he makes a point of Android One, we can go back ”, says Thiago Masuchette, product manager at Motorola.
Android 9.0 Pie from One Zoom has the same interface as the other devices in the Moto line, with almost no modifications compared to Google’s Android. It will have a guaranteed Android update (meaning it will receive at least Android 10) and quarterly security packages for two years.
Inside, the One Zoom is equipped with a Snapdragon 675 processor, 4 GB of RAM, 128 GB of storage and a 4,000 mAh battery with 15-watt TurboPower fast charging. The 6.4-inch OLED screen is Full HD +, with a resolution of 2340 × 1080 pixels and 19: 9 aspect ratio.
In Brazil, the One Zoom starts to be sold this Thursday (5), in violet, bronze and titanium colors, with a suggested price of R $ 2,499.
Motorola One Zoom – specs:
- Screen: 6.4 inch OLED, Full HD + (2340 × 1080 pixels), 19: 9 aspect ratio, 403 pixels per inch
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core up to 2.0 GHz, with Adreno 612 GPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 128 GB, expandable by microSD
- Quadruple rear camera:
- main: 48 megapixel, f / 1.7, Quad Pixel, optical image stabilization
- ultrawide: 16 megapixel, 117 degree field of view
- depth: 5 megapixels
- zoom: 8 megapixel, 3x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom, optical image stabilization
- 4K video recording at 30 fps, Full HD at 60 fps, phase detection focus
- Front camera: 25 megapixel, f / 2.0
- Battery: 4,000 mAh, with 15 watt TurboPower charger included in the box
- Operating system: Android 9.0 Pie
- Connectivity: USB-C, Wi-Fi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0
- Dimensions: 190 g, 8.8 mm thick
Paulo Higa traveled to Buenos Aires at the invitation of Motorola.