O MotorolaOne Macro was announced on Wednesday (9) in India: this phone has a MediaTek processor, 4,000 mAh battery and triple rear camera with macro lens for photos and videos. Despite its name, it is not part of Google’s Android One program, but is guaranteed to update to Android 10.
The specifications are very close to what had been leaked previously: the 6.2-inch screen has HD + resolution. Inside, we find the MediaTek Helio P70 processor accompanied by 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of microSD expandable storage.
The highlight of the Motorola One Macro is the triple rear camera. It has a 2 megapixel sensor with a macro lens (hence the name of the cell phone), which can focus on objects up to 2 cm away – it is possible to get very close to the object to be photographed. You can also record videos in 720p HD resolution.
The main sensor has 13 megapixels and is capable of recording Full-HD video at 60 frames per second, or slow-motion at 720p at 120 fps. And there’s a depth sensor to help blur the background in your photos.
The rear of the Motorola One Macro has five holes: the 13 megapixel sensor is the first, followed by the depth sensor, macro lens, laser autofocus, and LED flash. There is also the fingerprint reader on the Motorola logo.
Motorola One Macro does not have Android One
Motorola One Macro does not participate in the Android One program, so it does not have updates guaranteed by Google. Instead, the manufacturer promises only a version update for Android 10; it will be released with Android 9 Pie. (Motorola One Zoom is also not part of Android One.)
The body is made of shiny plastic, so “it is slippery and attracts fingerprints” according to 91mobiles. There is a splash coating and IPX2 water protection. In India, it will be sold in blue (Space Blue) for 9,999 rupees, about R $ 580, starting this Saturday (12).
The Motorola One Macro has model names XT2015-2 and XT2016-2; both versions were approved by Anatel in early September.
Motorola One Macro – specs:
- Screen: 6.2 inch LCD, HD + (720 x 1520), 270 ppi, V-shaped notch, 82% utilization
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P70 (4x Cortex A73 at 2.0 GHz + 4x Cortex A53 at 2.0 GHz), ARM Mali-G72 MP3 900 MHz graphics chip
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB, expandable by microSD up to 512 GB (hybrid tray)
- Triple rear camera:
- main: 13 megapixels, f / 2.0, 1.12 µm, laser autofocus
- depth: 2 megapixels, f / 2.2, 1.75 µm
- macro: 2 megapixels, f / 2.2, 1.75 µm
- Frontal camera: 8 megapixels, f / 2.2 aperture, 1.12 µm pixels
- Drums: 4,000 mAh, charging at 10 W
- Operational system: Android 9 Pie, guaranteed update to Android 10
- More: USB Type-C, 3.5 mm headphone jack, digital reader at the rear, IPX2 protection against water, Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n at 2.4 GHz, Bluetooth 4.2, location (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS), 4G dual-SIM
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 75.41 x 8.99 mm, 186g