In addition to the Moto G8 Play and Moto G8 Plus, Motorola unveiled on Thursday (24) two other smartphones. O Motorola One Macro is an intermediary cell aimed at macro photography, which can focus on objects from 2 centimeters away. The Moto E6 Play is the brand’s new affordable option.
Motorola One Macro: yes, it has a macro-focused phone
Motorola really liked to launch smartphones aimed at photography in the One line. We had One Vision with night vision camera, One Action with ultrawide action camera, One Zoom with 3x optical zoom and now the One Macro with… that’s right, a dedicated lens for macro photography.
The Motorola One Macro is visually similar to the Moto G8 Play, also featuring a 6.2-inch screen (HD +), MediaTek Helio P70 processor and 4,000 mAh battery, but with twice as much RAM (4 GB) and internal storage ( 64 GB). The front camera is 8 megapixels and has a lens with aperture f / 2.2, as well as the basic model of the Moto G8 line.
The differences are due to the rear camera. We continue with a 13 megapixel main sensor (f / 2.0) and a 5 megapixel depth sensor (f / 2.2) for background blur. But ultrawide comes out to give way to a 2 megapixel (f / 2.2) camera with a macro lens: it can focus on an object just 2 centimeters away, against 10 cm from a conventional lens.
Per R $ 1,399, the Motorola One Macro starts to be sold this Thursday (24) in space blue and ultra violet colors, with Android 9.0 Pie. Like One Zoom, it is not part of Android One; Motorola’s promise is a guaranteed update (Android 10) and security fixes for two years.
Moto E6 Play: the new basicão from Motorola
O Moto E6 Play is the new entry-level smartphone from Motorola. Despite being the cheapest of the brand, it already brings 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage, the same combination as the Moto G8 Play. In addition, instead of the Moto E5 Play’s low-resolution screen, the new model features a 5.5-inch HD + panel.
The rear camera is unique, with a resolution of 13 megapixels, and is arranged in a capsule that resembles the design of the iPhone 7 Plus. But the Moto E6 Play is a basic device, with a glossy plastic back, in gray and blue colors, which also houses a fingerprint reader. The battery is 3,000 mAh – not much, but it is much more than the 2,100 mAh (!) Of the predecessor.
In Brazil, the Moto E6 Play will be available in stores from November. The price has not yet been revealed, but it should be less than the R $ 899 of Moto E6 Plus. The predecessor, the Moto E5 Play, sells for R $ 599.
Motorola One Macro – specs:
- Processor: 2.0 GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 with Mali G72 MP3 GPU;
- RAM: 4 GB;
- Storage: 64 GB with the possibility of microSD expansion of up to 512 GB;
- Screen: 6.2 inch IPS LCD with HD + resolution (1520 × 720 pixels);
- Drums: 4,000 mAh with 10 watts charging;
- Frontal camera: 8 megapixels (f / 2.2);
- Rear cameras:
- Main: 13 megapixels (f / 2.0);
- Macro camera: 2 megapixels (f / 2.2) with a minimum focus of 2 centimeters;
- Depth sensor: 2 megapixels (f / 2,2);
- Extras: USB-C, FM radio, fingerprint reader at the rear;
- Dimensions: 157.6 × 75.4 × 9 mm;
- Weight: 186 grams;
- Operational system: Android 9.0 Pie with guaranteed update to Android 10.
Motorola Moto E6 Play – specs:
- Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6739 with PowerVR GE8100 GPU;
- RAM: 2 GB;
- Storage: 32 GB with the possibility of microSD expansion of up to 512 GB;
- Screen5.5-inch LCD with HD + resolution (1440 × 720 pixels);
- Drums: 3,000 mAh;
- Frontal camera: 5 megapixels;
- Rear cameras: 13 megapixels;
- Extras: micro-USB, FM radio, fingerprint reader at the rear;
- Operational system: Android 9.0 Pie.