O Huawei Mate X will be released after several delays: it will go on sale in China from November, in limited quantities, for the equivalent of $ 2,400 – it is even more expensive than the SamsungGalaxy Fold. The manufacturer also announced another foldable phone, the Huawei Mate Xs with Kirin 990 processor, which will hit the market in March 2020.
According to the Gizmochina, the launch of Huawei Mate X is scheduled for November 15 in China in limited quantities. It will cost 16,999 yuan, about $ 2,400 (or R $ 9,800). The price is even higher than the Samsung Galaxy Fold, which sells in several countries for $ 1,980.
The foldable screen of the Mate X has 8 inches and 2480 x 2200 resolution. It splits in two when the device is folded: the front is 6.6 inches with a 19.5: 9 aspect ratio, while the rear is 6.38 ″ ee 25: 9 aspect ratio.
The specs include a Kirin 980 processor, 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage. At the rear, we find four cameras, including a 40 megapixel main sensor, ultrawide, telephoto lens for 3x optical zoom, and 3D depth sensor with ToF technology.
Will Mate X have access to the Play Store amid US sanctions? Huawei does not mention this because it is not something important for China, where Google services are blocked.
As for a possible global launch, the company says in a statement to the The Verge that this is under analysis: “our strategy is based on the deployment of 5G by operators in different regions”.
Huawei Mate Xs has new Kirin 990 processor
Huawei also announced the Mate Xs, basically the same foldable smartphone with the latest Kirin 990 processor. It features a built-in 5G modem and more advanced NPU (neural processing unit); it is the same chip as in the Mate 30 and 30 Pro.
The Huawei Mate Xs is scheduled for launch in March 2020; the price has not been revealed.
Huawei Mate X – technical form:
- Screen: OLED
- Unfolded: 8 inches with 2480 × 2200 pixel resolution
- folded, front: 6.6 inches with 2480 × 1148 pixel resolution, 19.5: 9
- folded, back: 6.38 inches with 2480 × 892 pixel resolution, 25: 9
- Processor: octa-core Huawei Kirin 980 (2x Cortex-A76 2.6 GHz + 2x Cortex-A76 1.92 GHz + 4x Cortex-A55 1.8 GHz), graphics chip Mali-G76
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 512 GB with expansion by NM card up to 256 GB
- 40 megapixel f / 1.8 main camera
- 16 megapixel f / 2.2 ultrawide
- 8 megapixel f / 2.4 telephoto, OIS
- 3D depth, ToF (time of flight)
- Drums: 4,500 mAh with Huawei SuperCharge 55 W fast charging technology
- Operational system: Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9.1.1 interface
- Connectivity: USB-C 3.1 (Gen 1), Wi-Fi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, location (GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS), 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G
- Sensors: fingerprint reader on the side, accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, ambient light, color temperature, proximity, Hall, barometer, infrared
- folded: 78.3 x 161.3 x 5.4-11 mm
- unfolded: 146.2 x 161.3 x 5.4-11 mm
- Weight: 295 g