THE Huawei is announcing its new cell phone line in Munich, Germany, and has revealed details about the Kill 30: it has a triple camera of 40 megapixels, slow motion of 7,680 frames per second, and fast battery recharge up to 40 W. There is also the Mate 30 Pro with four cameras at the rear. Both run Android 10, but neither brings apps from Google or the Play Store.
Huawei Mate 30 hands-on video
The Huawei Mate 30 has a 6.62-inch OLED screen with Full-HD resolution; it does not extend to the sides of the device, unlike the Mate 30 Pro. The notch houses a 24 megapixel front camera and the ambient and proximity light sensors. The speakerphone for calls is below the display; and there is a speaker on the bottom edge of the device.
Inside, we have the Kirin 990 processor, made in a 7 nanometer process and with a built-in 5G modem. The 4,200 mAh battery lasts up to 8.2 hours of heavy use, and can be charged at up to 40 W per cable, or up to 27 W via SuperCharge wireless charging.
As usual, Huawei has taken care of the cameras: we have a main sensor of 40 megapixels, a 16 MP sensor with a wide-angle lens, and an 8 MP telephoto sensor for 3x optical zoom, 5x hybrid zoom and digital zoom up to 30x. In addition, there is a laser focus sensor.
The device is capable of recording 4K video at 60 frames per second or in slow motion at an absurd 7,680 fps in HD 720p. At the event, Huawei demonstrated this with a hummingbird flying in slow motion: it was possible to see the wings clearly, even with them moving very fast.
Huawei Mate 30 runs Android 10 without Google Play Store
As for the operating system, here we have Android 10 with the EMUI interface, which brings a dark mode to the entire system, improvements to the camera app and a new gesture to open the app drawer. You will not find either the Play Store or Google apps here: Huawei cannot license them because it is prohibited from doing business with U.S. companies.
Therefore, the manufacturer is betting on the AppGallery: it has 45,000 apps and is used by 390 million people around the world, especially in China and Europe. It will give $ 1 billion to encourage developers to bring their apps to the store.
It will be possible to purchase Mate 30 in black, Space Silver (silver), Cosmic Purple (purple) and Emerald Green (green); there will also be leather backs in orange and green. He will arrive in Europe for the suggested price of € 799, still undetermined; we don’t know if it will be released in Brazil.
Huawei Mate 30 – specs:
- Screen: 6.62-inch AMOLED, Full-HD + (1080 x 2340), 19.5: 9 aspect ratio, DCI-P3 HDR
- Processor: Kirin 990 5G octa-core (2x 2.86 GHz Cortex-A76, 2.09 GHz Cortex-A76, 1.86 GHz 4x Cortex-A55), Mali-G76 graphics chip
- RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB, expandable via NM Card (not microSD)
- Triple rear camera:
- main: 40 megapixel f / 1.8
- ultrawide: 16 megapixel f / 2.2
- telephoto: 8 megapixel f / 2.4, OIS, 3x optical zoom, 5x hybrid zoom, 30x digital zoom
- sensor for laser autofocus, Xenon flash, color temperature sensor
- 4K video recording with Huaweis AIS (anti-shake) stabilization, 7,680 fps slow motion in HD 720p
- Frontal camera: 24 megapixel f / 2.0, Full-HD (1080p) video recording
- Drums: 4,200 mAh, fast charging at 40 W, wireless charging at 27 W, reverse wireless charging
- Operational system: Android 10 with EMUI 10
- More: USB-C, 3.5 mm headphone jack, IP53 protection against water and dust, infrared (IR) blaster
- Dimensions: 160.8 x 76.1 x 8.4 mm, 196 g
With information: XDA Developers.