One of the advantages of Galaxy Note 10+ in relation to the smaller model is the fast charging of 45 watts: this allows the cell phone to have a whole day of autonomy with only 30 minutes in the socket, according to Samsung. Unfortunately, the accessory will be sold separately at a high price – and you will find it difficult to find compatible chargers from other brands.
The specification USB Power Delivery (USB-PD), present in USB-C plug adapters, allows the supply of power up to 100 watts. In fact, some USB-PD 3.0 chargers sold on the market already offer more than the 45 watts required by the Galaxy Note 10+, but that is not enough: it is also necessary to be compatible with the Programmable Power Supply (PPS) function.
The PPS allows you to supply variable voltages, unlike most chargers, which support only fixed voltages: it is common to find models with 5V / 2A, 9V / 2A and up to 12V / 1.5A out there. The Galaxy Note 10+ needs a very specific combination to reach 45 watts (10 volts and 4.5 amps), which is not widely available in accessories, as shown in Android Police.
In addition, 4.5 amps is not a low current, so you also need a good cable to avoid problems. Samsung’s 45-watt charger comes with a USB-C cable that supports up to 5 A for the Super Fast Charging 2.0 feature, but you may not be able to achieve all that power with a cheaper accessory.
There is still no forecast of launch or prices for the Galaxy Note 10+ and its accessories in Brazil. In the United States, the smartphone will cost between $ 1,099 and 1,399, with the 25-watt charger included in the box. The 45 watt adapter is found by $ 49.99 abroad; Samsung confirms to the Tecnoblog that the accessory will be marketed here.
Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ first impressions on video
We already played with the devices: check out our first impressions of the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10+.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ – specs:
- Screen: 6.8 inches, Quad HD + (3040 × 1440 pixels), Infinity-O notch, Dynamic AMOLED panel with HDR10 +, blue light reduction, up to 1,200 nits brightness and Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Processor: octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (United States), Samsung Exynos 9825 (Brazil) up to 2.7 GHz (7 nanometers)
- RAM: 12 GB
- Internal storage: 256 GB or 512 GB, with the possibility of microSD expansion
- Drums: 4,300 mAh, charging 25 watts (standard) or 45 watts (plug adapter sold separately)
- Rear cameras:
- Telephoto: 12 megapixel (f / 2.1), with optical image stabilization and 45 degree field of view
- Wide angle: 12 megapixels (f / 1.5 or f / 2.4), with optical image stabilization and 77 degree field of view
- Ultrawide: 16 megapixel (f / 2.2), with 123 degree field of view
- Depth sensor: VGA
- Frontal camera: 10 megapixels (f / 2.2)
- Operational system: Android 9 Pie with One UI interface
- More: USB-C port, ultrasonic fingerprint reader, IP68 resistance to water and dust, Gorilla Glass 6 at the rear, wireless battery sharing
- Dimensions: 162.3 × 77.2 × 7.9 mm
- Weight: 198 grams
- Colors: Aura Glow, Aura White, Aura Black, Aura Blue