THE Asus is launching the Zenfone Max Pro (M2) in Brazil: this cell phone has a generous 5,000 mAh battery that promises to last up to two days; dual rear camera with 12 megapixel sensor from Sony; and pure Android experience, without ZenUI interface. It arrives in the country costing R $ 1,699 in the 64 GB model, and R $ 1,799 in the 128 GB version.
The Zenfone Max Pro (M2) is an intermediary focused on the battery: Asus says that it has up to 23 hours of autonomy for Wi-Fi browsing, up to 19 hours for online video playback or up to 10 hours for gaming sessions. With mixed use, it promises to last two days. 10 W charging is done through the microUSB port.
The 6.26-inch screen has Full HD + resolution and notch for the 13-megapixel front camera. At the rear are the fingerprint reader and the dual camera, with a 12-megapixel Sony IMX486 main sensor and a 5 MP depth sensor.
Inside, we have the Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor, 4 GB of RAM and options of 64 GB or 128 GB of storage. The Asus Brazil product page mentions “Pure Android” in Oreo 8.0, but the update for Android 9 Pie is now available – you can download it from this link.
The Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M2) is on sale in the Asus online store, in Black Saphire and Titanium colors. Now we are waiting for the Zenfone 6 with rotating camera, which was approved this month by Anatel.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M2) – Specifications (Brazil):
- Screen: 6.26 inches, Full HD + (2280 x 1080), IPS LCD, 19: 9, 90% frontal enjoyment, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 glass
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core (4 x 2.2 GHz, Kryo 260 + 4 x 1.8 GHz, Kryo 260), Adreno 512 graphics chip
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB, expandable by microSD
- Back camera: 12 megapixel main sensor, Sony IMX486, f / 1.8, 1.25 μm; 5 MP depth sensor
- Frontal camera: 13 megapixel, f / 2.0, Softlight LED Flash
- Drums: 5,000 mAh, 10 W charging
- Operational system: Android 8.0 Oreo, update available for Android 9 Pie
- Connectivity: microUSB, 3.5 mm headphone jack, 2.4 GHz 802.11 b / g / n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, location (GPS, Glonass, BDS, Galileo, QZSS), triple tray for two 4G chips and microSD card
- Sensors: fingerprint reader at the rear, ambient light, proximity, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 75.5 x 8.5 mm; 175 g