THE Asus launched on Monday (21) the Zenfone 6, new premium smartphone with a 48 megapixel swivel camera and high-end hardware, with a Snapdragon 855 processor and a version with up to 12 GB of RAM, which costs R $ 5,499. The phone occupies the space of the old Zenfone 5z, launched in 2018 with heavy configurations.
The novelty of the Zenfone 6 is a rotating camera that serves as both front and rear, as well as that of the Samsung Galaxy A80. There are two sensors: a main one, 48 megapixels, with a f / 1.79 aperture lens; and a 13 megapixel (f / 2.4) wide angle with 125 degree field of view. It is possible to shoot in 4K at 60 frames per second and control the Flip Camera angle precisely, rotating from 0 to 180 degrees.
Inside, the Zenfone 6 has Snapdragon 855, a 5,000 mAh battery with 18-watt charge and a 6.4-inch IPS LCD screen with Full HD + (2340 × 1080 pixels) resolution without notch. You can choose versions with 6, 8 or 12 GB of RAM, in addition to 64, 128, 256 or 512 GB of internal storage, with the possibility of expansion by memory card.
Prices are on the same level as the Zenfone 5z, but entitled to a more expensive edition, launched in celebration of Asus’ 30th anniversary. These are the suggested values for each version:
- Zenfone 6 with 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of space: R $ 2,999 (R $ 2,699 at sight)
- Zenfone 6 with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of space: R $ 3,799 (R $ 3,399 in cash)
- Zenfone 6 with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of space: R $ 4,499 (R $ 3,999 in cash)
- Zenfone 6 with 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of space: R $ 5,499 (R $ 4,899 in cash)
Prices are close to the tops of other brands, such as the Samsung Galaxy S10 +, which can be found for R $ 3.4 thousand in retail; and the iPhone 11, recently launched in Brazil with suggested values starting at R $ 4,999. The new Asus phone can now be found in the brand’s stores, in black and silver colors.
Asus Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) – technical form
- Screen: 6.4-inch IPS LCD with Full HD + resolution (2340 × 1080 pixels) and Gorilla Glass 6 protection;
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core up to 2.8 GHz;
- RAM: 6, 8 or 12 GB;
- Storage: 64, 128, 256 or 512 GB (with microSD expansion of up to 2 TB);
- Main: 48 megapixels (f / 1.79);
- Ultrawide: 13 megapixels (f / 2.4);
- Drums: 5,000 mAh with 18 watts fast charge;
- Operational system: Android 9.0 Pie;
- Dimensions: 159x75x9.1 mm;
- Weight: 190 grams.