Apple reduced the prices of the iPhone XR, 8 and 8 Plus in Brazil, and also made the Watch Series 3 more affordable: the smart watch now costs R $ 1,999 in its most basic model. However, the 10.2-inch iPad will arrive in the country with higher salaries than the previous generation: the tablet now starts at R $ 2,999.
As noted by MacMagazine, the Apple Watch Series 3 has experienced a noticeable drop in prices. Apple currently sells only models with an aluminum case; these are the prices:
- 38 mm: R $ 1,999 (before R $ 2,899)
- 42 mm: R $ 2,249 (before R $ 3,099)
- 38 mm (with 4G): R $ 2,899 (before R $ 3,899)
- 42 mm (with 4G): R $ 3,149 (before R $ 4,099)
In the US, Series 3 now starts at $ 199. Series 4 has been discontinued; and prices for the new Watch Series 5 in Brazil have yet to be revealed.
Apple raises price of entry iPad in Brazil
Meanwhile, the new 10.2-inch iPad is slightly more expensive in Brazil than the old 9.7-inch model. Check prices:
- 32 GB and Wi-Fi: R $ 2,999 (against R $ 2,799 from the previous generation)
- 128 GB and Wi-Fi: R $ 3,799 (against R $ 3,599 from the previous generation)
- 32 GB and Wi-Fi + Cellular: R $ 4,099 (against R $ 3,799 from the previous generation)
- 128 GB and Wi-Fi + Cellular: R $ 4,899 (against R $ 4,599 from the previous generation)
There is still no release forecast for the 10.2-inch iPad in Brazil. In the US, the tablet starts at $ 329, just like the previous generation. The 9.7-inch model launched in 2018 is no longer sold on Apple’s online store.
The iPad (2019) features support for the Smart Keyboard and a body made of recycled aluminum, in addition to the larger screen; it maintains the A10 Fusion processor and Apple Pencil support.