Confirming rumors, the iPad more accessible has been updated with a 10.2 inch screen, connector for the Smart Keyboard and body made of 100% recycled aluminum, in addition to maintaining the A10 Fusion processor and support for Apple Pencil. The new tablet will be launched in Brazil from R $ 2,999, against the US $ 329 charged in the USA.
The new iPad has a larger Retina display of 10.2 inches, against 9.7 ″ from previous generations. However, the edges remain large, giving space for the Home button with Touch ID to unlock by biometrics.
Another novelty is the Smart Connector, pins that allow you to connect the Smart Keyboard, an accessory that serves as a cover and keyboard. It will be sold separately for $ 159 in the U.S., and will have layout options for more than 30 languages.
The screen maintains support for the first generation Apple Pencil for writing and drawing. The stylus is sold separately for R $ 729 in Brazil (US $ 99 in the USA).
Inside, we have the A10 Fusion processor, even from the previous generation; is the chip found on the iPhone 7 and the latest iPod Touch. It is twice as fast as the best-selling PC in the U.S. in the first half (with Windows 10).
IPadOS will provide a closer experience to a PC: for example, it will be possible to connect a USB stick to the Lightning port and access its files. Safari prioritizes viewing websites in desktop mode; experimental mouse support is also available.
New iPad (2019) to be released in September
The new iPad will be available in silver, space gray and gold in 32 GB and 128 GB models. It can now be purchased in the USA and 25 other countries; the tablet will reach more locations, including Brazil, starting September 30.
In the US, the iPad starts at $ 329 for the Wi-Fi model and $ 459 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular (4G) version. Schools can purchase it for prices starting at $ 299. In addition, anyone who buys any iPad starting today will take one year of Apple TV + at no additional cost.
In Brazil, these will be the prices:
- 32 GB and Wi-Fi: R $ 2,999
- 128 GB and Wi-Fi: R $ 3,799
- 32 GB and Wi-Fi + Cellular: R $ 4,099
- 128 GB and Wi-Fi + Mobile: R $ 4,899
Apple iPad (2019) – Specifications:
- Screen: 10.2 inch, IPS LCD, Retina Display (2160 x 1620), up to 500 nits brightness
- Processor: A10 Fusion with M10 coprocessor
- Storage: 32 GB or 128 GB
- Back camera: 8 megapixel f / 2.4, 1080p video or 720p slow motion at 120 fps
- Frontal camera: 1.2 megapixel HD f / 2.2 FaceTime, 720p video
- Drums: 32.4 watts / hour, up to 10 hours on the web via Wi ‑ Fi, up to 9 hours browsing via cellular network
- Connectivity: Lightning input, 3.5 mm headphone jack, Wi ‑ Fi 802.11 ac with dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, 4G gigabit LTE (Cellular), nanoSIM and eSIM
- More: Touch ID, dual speaker, compatible with first generation Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard
- Dimensions: 250.6 x 174.1 x 7.5 mm, 483 g (Wi-Fi), 493 g (Wi-Fi + Cellular)