THE Anatel approved another batch of cell phones for sale in Brazil: we have the Moto E6, Motorola’s new basic smartphone; it’s the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 with color rear, retractable front camera, 4,000 mAh battery and huge 6.59 inch screen without notch. The agency also certified the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+.
The two cell phones were discovered in the Anatel system by Cesar Cardoso do Mobile Penguins. The Moto E6, you already know: it has a Snapdragon 435 processor, a 5.5-inch HD + screen, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of expandable storage.
As this is a basic cell phone, there are no outstanding specifications. Worse, it suffered some downgrades compared to its predecessor: the Moto E6’s battery is 3,000 mAh (against the Moto E5’s 4,000 mAh), and the fingerprint reader on the back has been removed.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 has retractable camera and triple camera
O Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 is more interesting: it was launched this week in India with a retractable 16 megapixel front camera. So the screen doesn’t need a notch; it has 6.59 inches and Full-HD + resolution.
At the rear, there is a triple camera with a 16 megapixel main sensor, a wide-angle lens with an 8 MP sensor, and a 2 MP depth sensor. At the back, we also find the fingerprint reader.
This is an intermediary phone: here we have the HiSilicon Kirin 710F octa-core processor, 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB / 128 GB of microSD expandable storage (nothing from that proprietary NM card from Huawei). The battery has a capacity of 4,000 mAh.
The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 is being sold in India from 15,990 rupees (equivalent to R $ 900) in green, black and blue. Anatel approval photos show the device in blue color:
This is a sign that Huawei plans to launch more phones in Brazil to accompany the P30 Pro and P30 Lite. The company opened two kiosks in shopping malls in São Paulo, offering its own purchase channels as well as Xiaomi. In addition, she wants to lead 5G in the country in partnership with Claro, Oi, TIM and Vivo.
Despite U.S. sanctions against Huawei, the company had a positive second quarter: sales reached 221.6 billion yuan (R $ 121.9 billion) and cell phone sales grew 4.6% over the same period 2018.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 – specs:
- Screen: 6.59 inches, IPS LTPS LCD panel, Full-HD + (1080 x 2340), 391 ppi, 19.5: 9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Hisilicon Kirin 710F octa-core (4x 2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 + 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB, microSD up to 512 GB
- Triple rear camera: 16 megapixel f / 1.8 (primary) + 8 megapixel f / 2.4 (120 degree ultrawide lens) + 2 megapixel f / 2.4 (depth)
- Retractable front camera: 16 megapixel f / 2.0
- Drums: 4,000 mAh, without fast charging
- Operational system:Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9
- More: USB Type-C, 3.5 mm headphone jack, 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 77.3 x 8.8 mm, 196.8 g